Navajo Nation Integrated Justice Information Sharing Project (NNIJISP)

HOME   ▪    COMMITTEE   ▪    Charter   ▪    Activity LOG AND NOTES   ▪    AUTHORIZATIONS   ▪    SHAREPOINT

Last updated on July 17, 2012

BELOW ARE NNIJISP ACTIVITIES LOGS AND NOTES FROM JAN, 2011 TO PRESENT.   

ARCHIVE LOGS: For Jan 2010-Dec 2010, click here.
  For 2007-2009, click here.

 

   

Week of February 2th, 2013

Crownpoint, Tuba City and Pueblo Pintado.  GO-LIVE!

January 2013

data conversion and end user training

December 2012

SME sessions to begin for final set of districts for roll-out in February 2013

Week of November 26th, 2012

Supreme Court, Window Rock, Alamo, Ramah, and Tohajiilee.  GO-LIVE!

October 2012

data conversion and end user training

September 2012

SME sessions to begin for next set of districts and the Supreme Court for roll-out in November 2012.  Minor configuration changes.  SME System Administrator Training and end user training.

Week of August 20th, 2012

Aneth, Kayenta, Dilkon, Chinle and Pinon.  GO-LIVE! 

Beginning the week of July 23rd, 2012 through August 2012

Begin end-user training.  Training schedule will be determined

Week of July 9th, 2012

2 to 3 days will be set aside for SME System Administrator refresher.  (New Dawn will be on-site.)  Review of Justware configuration changes from SME Sessions

June 25, 26, and 27, 2012

SME System Administrator Training and Basic IT troubleshooting.   Will also discuss revision to IT policy.  Start Time each day at 9:30 am.  AOC Conference Room, Window Rock, AZ

June 19 and 20, 2012

Review and update Case Management Policy.  AOC Conference Room, Window Rock, AZ .  Start time 9:30 am each day

Beginning the week of June 11, 2012

Judicial IT staff will begin updating network software and configuration on each workstation for Aneth, Kayenta, Dilkon, Chinle and Pinon. For district courts, peacemaking, probation and prosecutors.  TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:  June 12 – Kayenta; June 13 Aneth; June 15 Dilkon; and June 19 Chinle/Pinon

 June 11 to July 24, 2012,

New Dawn and Ben to implement configuration changes and data conversion process

June 7  to June 22, 2012

Ben to update Justware configurations based on the SME sessions.

June 8, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS SMEs !
 
The district courts, peacemaking, probation and prosecutors have met their deadline for configuration which includes review of code tables and work flows for inclusion into Justware.
 
We are on schedule with the roll-out to Aneth, Kayenta, Dilkon, Chinle and Pinon for the week of August 20th, 2012.  This includes district courts, probation, prosecutors and peacemaking.
 
Supreme Court will be included with roll-out for November 2012.
May 16, 2012
Confirmed SMEs
LNAME
Fname
District
Program
Position
LEGAH
Sammie
Public Safety
MIS
LASO
TABAHA
Donovan
Public Safety
MIS
CO
 
 
 
 
 
DEE
Gloria
Shiprock
Prosecutor
 
TSO
Roy
Chinle
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
 
 
 
 
 
BATES
Benji
Supreme C
Supreme C
CA
 
 
 
 
 
BEGAY
Harry J
Tuba City
Peacemaking
Liaison
BENALLY
Gloria
Admin
Peacemaking
Pgrm Coord
BOYD
Andrea
Admin
Peacemaking
Ofc Tech
DENETDEAL
Marie
Dilkon
Peacemaking
Liaison
BROWN
Darlene
Crownpoint
Peacemaking
Liaison
HOSTEEN
Ruby
Ramah
Peacemaking
Liaison
 
 
 
 
 
YELLOWHAIR
Lucinda
Probation
Probation
CPO
NORTON
Bettina
Aneth
Probation
Prob Officer
HARVEY
Janice
Shiprock
Probation
Prob Officer
PRICE
Melanie
Chinle
Probation
Ofc Tech
BEGISHIE
Sheila
Kayenta
Probation
Ofc Tech
TAPAHA
Charlotte
Crownpoint
Probation
Prob Officer
HENIO
Samuel
Ramah
Probation
Prob Officer
BEGAY
Arlene
Dilkon
Probation
Prob Officer
SAM
Eva
Tuba City
Probation
Prob Officer
 
 
 
 
 
MARTIN
Susie
Aneth
Court
CA
MUSTACHE
Darlena
Aneth
Court
Court Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
HUSKIE
Alice
Tuba City
Court
CA
SAM
Orlando
Tuba City
Court
Ofc Tech
 
 
 
 
 
MESCAL
Vanessa
Chinle
Court
CA
 
 
 
 
 
LEONARD
Shirley
Pinon
Court
Court Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
LAFRANCE
Darlene
Dilkon
Court
CA
CHIQUITO
Tanya
Dilkon
Court
Court Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
YAZZIE
Lavonne
Kayenta
Court
CA
SALT
Geneva
Kayenta
Court
Court Clerk
JAMES
Linda
Kayenta
Court
Court Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
LNAME
Fname
District
Program
Position
THOMPSON
Rena
Crownpoint
Court
CA
MARIANO
Patricia
Crownpoint
Court
Ofc Tech
 
 
 
 
 
JOSE
Esther
Ramah
Court
CA
LEE
Linda
Ramah
Prob/Peace
Ofc Tech
 
 
 
 
 
FOSTER
Candida
Shiprock
Court
Court Clerk
BARBER
Caroline
Shiprock
Court
Court Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
ROANHORSE
Regina
Tohaj/Ala
Court
CA
JOE
Lorenda
Tohaj/Ala
Court
Ofc Tech
APACHITO
Mirando
Alamo
Court
Court Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
WR
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
June 19-20, 2012 FINALIZE pending issues related to Justware
Thurs., June 21, 2012 NNIJISP Tech Oversight Committee Meeting, Administrative Office of Courts Conference Room
June 5-6, 2012 Review and recommend changes to current Case Management Policy & Procedures
May 22-23, 2012 Review of Probation, Peacemaking and Supreme Court Forms
May 21, 2012 NNIJISP Tech Oversight Committee Meeting, Administrative Office of Courts Conference Room
May 14-18, 2012 SME Justware Configuration Traiining Week, Window Rock, AOC Conference Room
Roll-out for the first group by August 2012 is:  Dilkon, Aneth, Chinle/Pinon, Kayenta and Supreme Court (WR).
Roll-out for the second group by November 2012:  Window Rock, Ramah, Tohajiilee and Alamo
Last group Feburary 2013:  Tuba City, Crownpoint, Pueblo Pintado
 
 
Day 1
Start at 9:00
Day 2
Start at 8:30
Day 3
Start at 8:30
Day 4
Start at 8:30
Day 5
Start at 8:30
A.M. Session
(Approximately 8:30 – 12:00)
· All Groups
·  Example workflows from Court or Pros
· Peace Makers Workflow
· Public Defender
· Other agencies to work on their specific workflows
· Confirm Probation Workflows
· Prosecutor workflow/ forms
· Other agencies to work on their specific workflows
· All Groups as needed
· All Groups as needed
· Review Progress
P.M. Session
(Approximately 13:00 – 16:30)
· Example workflows
· Supreme Court Workflow
· Public Defender
· Other agencies to work on their specific workflows
· Confirm Probation Workflows
· Prosecutor workflow/ forms
· Other agencies to work on their specific workflows
· All Groups as needed
· Review Progress
· Next Steps
o Dates
o Delivery
o Milestones
o Go Live

May 1-3, 2012 Subject Matter Expert (SME) Justware System Administrator Trainings

Attendance:

May 1, 2012


Larry Hoskie, Computer Operations Supervisor, AOC
Elton Dalgai, IT, AOC
Teresa Sagina, Document Technician, AOC
Orlando Sam, Office Tech, TCTD
Miranda Opachit, Court clerk, Alamo Tohajiilee
Gloria Benally, Peacemaking Program
Vanessa Mescal, Court Administrator, Chinle
Melanie Price, Office Tech, Chinle
Shirley Leonard, Court Clerk, Pinon
Benjie Bates, Court Administrator, Supreme Court
Geneva Salt, Court Clerk, Kayenta
Lavonne Yazzie, Court Administrator, Kayenta
Andrea Boyd, Office Tech, Peacemaking Program
Darlene Mustache, Court Clerk, Aneth
Susie Martin, Court Administrator, Aneth
Cindy Yellowhair, Chief Probation Officer, AOC
Lanya Chiquito, Court Clerk, Dilkon
Sammie Legeh III, LASO, WRPD
Donovan Tabaha, CO-WRPD

May 2, 2012

Vanessa Mescal, Court Administrator, Chinle
Melanie Price, Office Tech, Chinle
Geneva Salt, Court Clerk, Kayenta
Susie Martin, Court Administrator, Aneth
Darlene Mustache, Court Clerk, Aneth
Lavonne Yazzie, Court Administrator, Kayenta
Shirley Leonard, Court Clerk, Pinon
Darlene LaFrance, Court Administratorm Dilkon
Lanya Chiquito, Court Clerk, Dilkon
Teresa Sagina, Document Technician, AOC
Orlando Sam, Office Tech, TCTD
Gloria Benally, Peacemaking Program
Benjie Bates, Court Administrator, Supreme Court
Andrea Boyd, Office Tech, Peacemaking Program
Cindy Yellowhair, Chief Probation Officer, AOC
Sammie Legeh III, LASO, WRPD
Donovan Tabaha, CO-WRPD
Lucinda Joe, Office Tech, Alamo Tohajiilee
Regina Roanhorse, Court Administrator, Alamo Tohajiilee
Alice Huskie, Court Administrator, Tuba City

May 3, 2012

Orlando Sam, Office Tech, TCTD
Alice Huskie, Court Administrator, Tuba City
Vanessa Mescal, Court Administrator, Chinle
Shirley Leonard, Court Clerk, Pinon
Lavonne Yazzie, Court Administrator, Kayenta
Melanie Price, Office Tech, Chinle
Geneva Salt, Court Clerk, Kayenta
Susie Martin, Court Administrator, Aneth
Darlene Mustache, Court Clerk, Aneth
Cindy Yellowhair, Chief Probation Officer, AOC
Benjie Bates, Court Administrator, Supreme Court
Andrea Boyd, Office Tech, Peacemaking Program
Darlene LaFrance, Court Administratorm Dilkon
Lanya Chiquito, Court Clerk, Dilkon
April 20, 2012 Contract Deliverable 19 showing that the Proof of Concept has been completed is signed off.
March 7, 2012 Proof of Contract Contract Np. 8112 modified to add configuration and business intelligence hours.
Feb 24, 2012 Contract No. 9338 for $25,5000 passes SAS review for purchase of 14 licenses and 120 hours (15 days) of instructional training to be provided by New Dawn trainers to instruct power users or SME personnel on configuration requirements for functional operation of Justware, specifically to enter data in code tables and to configure Justware parameters, training to be completed within 6 months. 
WED. Feb 8, 2012, 11:30 am

Place:  AOC

 

Present:

Chief Justice Herb Yazzie *

Teresa Hopkins, NNIJISP Project Manager

Orlando Bowman, IMS Manager *

Alex Largie, DIT, alternate for Harold Skow *

Nelson Billy, DIT

Bernadine Martin, Chief Prosecutor *

Josephine Foo, Judicial

Roberta Sam, Judicial

Bart Leichty, New Dawn Technologies

 

There is a quorem (4) for non-CODY-related matters.  Agenda was adopted with addition of Utah grant.

 

A.  NNIJISP TOC Memorandum of Understanding. 

  1. The TOC voted unanimously to strike the IT Manager of the Office of the Chief Prosecutor from the roster of voting members, as the Chief Prosecutor stated that she is comfortable with only one vote and it should be one vote.

  2. Names on the MOU are now changed, effective immediately, to reflect current office holders of the participants programs.

  3. Rangers to be formally added on NNIJISP TOC voting list per previous TOC vote.

  4. Orlando Bowman will report back the TOC on DPS active participation now that we are reaffirming the project. Right now, DPs has 3 components that have a vote on the TOC, and IMS is the only component that actively participates. Bowman will get back to Teresa re: who the active voting members of DPS will be from now on.

B.  Social Services Automation -- are they considering New Dawn?

  1. Recommendation to invite Ms. McCabe-Begay and Social Service IT people in to next TOC meeting.

C.  Shiprock Proof of Concept

  1. SAS process underway for additional BI hours @ $70,000 (less than 25% contract cost).

  2. SAS review also underway for Justware Administrator trainer on-site in Denver to train power users on document and code generation - CAs from SR, WR, DL, personnel from OCP, no court clerks per judges, Samuel Legai from DPS, Janice Harvey SR probation, Carole Barber SR clerk, B Mariano, T Hopkins, and Rachel Willie from Judicial IT/NNIJISP.

  3. Performance issues persist in SR. B Mariano now addressing checklist of problems, including users not knowing Justware has the features to get things done, need to be shown how to ask the question.  Still having problems with reports timing out, not being able to pinpoint what the issues are. A Largie has performed tests and it is not the SR-WR connection. Alex described the troubleshooting of the application. Hardware needed had previously been discussed between DIT and ND, and virtual environment was chosen over a separate server for each application, we picked Vmware as ND has run Justware in a hyper Vmware environment before. ND installed the software virtually.  At first it looked like Eeye Digital anti-virus when turned off performance increased, but there was no fix, problem still the same. Then we kicked all users off and only used one user, but problem remained, so not a traffic issue.  We have a 5 Meg connection and CPU usage at minimum when they did the indexing. ND technician took a look at it and the network connection not an issue. Finally clicked: (a) report database and Justware database are on the same server, they are supposed to be on separate servers. So, server software was purchased but all came to a halt, databases are still on the same server and still need to be moved. (b) Justware has many index pointing within a single table -- 4-5 indexes -- to a specific location so the big tables are being hit (case tables) have 7-8 indexes and has to cycle through all the indexes. N Billy says this causes slowness, too many tables. Takes 15-30 minutes on a specific search on a client or times out. It should take 3-5 seconds.  Bart says this is unacceptable. 10 seconds is long. ND will address this with its techs.  Chief Justice says address this problem quickly. Teresa says deliverables are complete but performance issues remain.  Alex brought up the BAFOs when the application also delayed and timed out, and Frank had explained that it was because it was being run out of a local laptop and would not happen provided connectivity was good.  Bart says the heavily indexed tables shouldn't case the delays/timeouts because we have single not multiple views.  So, we're still looking for what the problem is. Bart says the SRS tool is a memory hog, so when it resides in the same server as the SQL, they fight for the space then timeout, maybe. Alex says they need assistance to move the database and all the links after hours. Bart says ND's support staff will get that set up properly. Alex says we're planning to upgrade to 5.0 Vmware. Bart says ND is fully on board with Vmware. Maybe wiping clean and re-installing.  Bart says Justware can't be competing with other elements in the system. Minimum hardware and bandwidth requirements must be met. ND is willing to guarantee performance levels of Justware. Alex says ND doesn't have a virtual config specs. The specs are not for a virtual environment, which needs 1/2 the usual.  We havent't been given a Justware config for a virtual environment, and Bart says he will look into it and provide DIT more information.  Teresa says is ND willing to bring in 4 servers of its own to test it? Bart says he will look into it.

  4. Suggestion that we test Justware in another district as SR continues to be tested was nixed by Bart, as ND would be more comfortable signing off first before moving to any other district. There are funds that need to be spent within time limits, but Foo says some funds can be modified and utilized for personnel now,  and other funds explained to the Council regarding the need for caution. Bernadine and Orlando suggested that the POC be signed off, and the performance issues be written in to the rollout contract.  Final consensus is Bart will explore performance issues at ND's end and NNIJISP and ND support will have meetings.

  5. The TOC voted unanimously to sign off on the deliverables as delivered with a stipulation that the performance issues must be fixed by February 29, with ND giving DIT virtual environment recommendations and giving assistance to move the SRS over, and possibly bringing in 4 servers to test, and other conditions as follows: remote testing at DL and AN districts also by Feb 29.

  6. Foo and Bart to begin drafting the contract with meetings with both sides to design a proper rollout contract.  ND will also bring laptops to DL, AN or other places to test it and gauge.

  7. TOC voted unanimously that Teresa Hopkins fill the Utah Grant position as soon as possible, and that lodging at Shiprock, per diem, and equipment be applied from the grant accordingly.

 

NEXT MEETING:  Friday, March 2 @ 9 a.m.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

THURS. Jan 19, 2012, 2 PM

Place:  Tohajiilee Behavioral Health Systems

 

Present:

Sarah Bitsui – Tohajiilee BHS

Paula Garica – Tohajiilee BHS

Chris Kescoli – Tohajiilee EMS

Officer Pamela Hurley – WR PD

Teresa Hopkins – Judicial AOC

Ruby McPherson – White Stone Communications

 

Ruby of White Stone Communications provided clarification on quotes that were provided.  White Stone Communications quotes is for two T1 lines including 6 telephone lines for Tohajiilee BHS.  Century Link will provide connection up to where services are handed off to Sacred Winds Communications.   Communications will be between White Stone and Sacred Winds.

 

Second quote for Century Link was provided to Ruby through her contacts.  Same situation here.  Century Link will provide connection until it is handed off to Sacred Winds.

 

Unfortunately, because Sacred Winds has Tohajiilee in its service area, it is difficult for any other telecommunication carrier to provide services to the community.  All expressed again their frustration with Sacred Winds.

 

The following entities have been identified that are effected by services, they either have limited service or no service at all.

 

·         Tohajiilee EMS

·         Tohajiilee BHS

·         Senior Citizens Center

·         HeadStart

·         Judicial Courts

·         Police Sub Station

·         Chapter House

·         Ofc of the Prosecutor

·         Navajo Housing Authority

·         Local Store & Gas Station

 

Officer Hurley mentioned that the Tohajiilee Chapter provided supporting resolution in behalf of Sacred Winds to take over the service area from Century Link (Qwest).

 

Next Steps:

 

·         Ruby to get pricing estimate for DS3 to Judicial Court.  Also to look at what would be needed if DS3 is possible and using VOIP as a solution for telephone services.

 

·         Paula will begin completing application process for Universal Service Funding to help off-set costs for connectivity.  Partners to include other emergency groups as EMS, DPS, etc.  Judicial will serve as the hub.

 

·         To develop and complete survey of entities in Tohajiilee to gather factual information in reference to services when it was under Century Link (Qwest) compared to services being provided now by Sacred Winds.

 

·         After survey has been completed invite Sacred Winds to discuss survey results, problems with services, etc.  Also to invite NMPRC representative.

 

·         Teresa to gather information on Sacred Winds so the group has an understanding of what type and level of services  Sacred Winds is supposed to be providing.  Also to inquire if Sacred Winds has ETC designation which means that any infrastructure improvements in the community would be subsidized by the federal government.

 

·         Updates and information to be provided at next meeting scheduled for January 27, 2012.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

WED. Jan 18, 2012, 2 PM

Place:  Crownpoint EMS

 

Present:

Sammie Legah – DPS/IMS, Window Rock

Teresa Hopkins – Judicial AOC, Window Rock

Willis Martine – NPD/CPD

Donovan Tabaha – DPS/IMS, Window Rock

Paula Garcia – Tohajiilee BHS

Janet Yellowhair – Crownpoint EMS

Chris Kescoli – Tohajiilee EMS

Santiago O. Montoya – Torreon EMS

Tommy Rogers (sgt) – NPD/CPD

 

On Conference Call:

Harold Skow – DIT

 

The group met to begin discussions on the lack of or inadequate services currently being provided at Tohajiilee.

 

Harold Skow of DIT provided some information on their plans.  However, due to lack of funding – plans didn’t transpire.  Mr. Skow suggested contacting PNM.  PNM has fiber that stops near Route 66.

 

Sacred Winds acquired the Tohajiilee service area from Century Link (Qwest).  Since this transition there has been a decrease in the type of services being provided for both voice lines and internet services.    

 

Representatives at the meeting described their current situation in which they have tried looking at various ways to improve internet connectivity.

·         Contacting third party companies as White Stone Communications

·         Hughes Net – satellite

·         Wild Blue  - satellite

 

Because of the remoteness of the community from the Navajo Nation central government, all reporting is done remotely through the internet.  There is limited or no access at the work place for most of the participants, therefore a majority of the employees utilize their home internet services to complete their reporting requirements.

 

Another example, Tohajiilee BHS only has one voice line and one fax line to accommodate a staff of 5.  Sacred Winds is not able to provide any additional services beyond these two lines.  Why?  The group did not know the answer.

 

Tohajiilee EMS, indicated they also have two lines.  When it comes to faxing it is a hit or miss.

 

With the satellite connections – an example is the courts.  The courts have a set quota on the amount of data that can be transmitted.  Once they reach their quota, they have to wait 30 days before they can log back into their systems.  The courts requested for a quote from Sacred Winds on April 8, 2010.  The request was for T1 line and DS3 pricing.  On July 27, 2011 I had requesting for pricing on a symmetrical Broadband DSL.  The reason for the three separate quotes  was to compare mainly pricing.  Ideally, the courts would have like to host the DS3 to be shared among the service providers within the community.  The only quote we did receive finally on December 2, 2011 was for the symmetrical Broadband DSL.  Copy of the quote is attached, estimate for one year commitment at $300/month.

 

The Judicial Branch also explained that a grant was submitted to the State of New Mexico for planning.  A grant in the amount of $100,000 specific to technology.  If awarded, this can potentially be used to address some of the issues related to connectivity issues in Tohajiilee.  Also explained was the NNIJISP which emphasizes sharing of information among the justice community.

 

DPS-IMS department also received a quotation from Sacred Winds.  Pricing was for a standard internet connection estimated around $75.00 per month.

 

Tohajiilee BHS received two quotes from third party service providers.  One was a quote from Century Link for T1 which hands off services eventually to Sacred Winds.  Monthly cost at $930.00 per month.  The second was from White Stone Communications for two T1s including voice lines at $1099.00 per month.  (quotes attached)

 

Next steps:

Paula from Tohajiilee BHS to contact Ruby of White Stone Communications.  To go over their quotations.

Meeting to take place on January 19, 2012 in Tohajiilee.

 

Next meeting for entire group:  January 27, 2012 at 11:00 am.  (Place to be determined:  Acoma or Grants)

WED. Jan 11, 2012, 9 am. WEEKLY PROJECT MANAGEMENT MEETING.
FRI. Jan 6, 2012, 9 am. - 11 am

Project Management Team

Ben Mariano

Donovan Tapaha (for Orlando Bowman)

Teresa Hopkins

Rachel Willie (Tech Support backup to Ben Mariano)

New Dawn

Jed Judd

Bart Liechty

Marc Muhlestein

1.   Went through Justware Administrator Roll.  Differentiate roles and responsibilities of System Administrator, Justware Administration, Power User and End User.   Differentiate roles and responsibilities of administrator versus implementer etc.

2.   Reviewed and discussed strategies for implementation process – begin preliminary planning for “roll-out”

3.   As we go through the process of No. 1 and 2 above, begin to generate documentation.

4.   Discussed Justware User Licenses and On-Site Admin training.  Invoice will be submitted.  Payment for licenses and training will be made separate from the “proof of concept 20% increase and roll-out”.  This is necessary to begin training of Administrators, powers users and end users for Window Rock, Aneth and Dilkon Districts.  Teresa to sign as Project Manager for additional licenses and training.

5.   Separate training at a higher level, i.e. System Administrator and Justware Administrator for up to five staff will be negotiated with New Dawn.  Ben, Rachel, Teresa, Donovan and Gloria Dee was recommended.

6.   Discussed 20% increase on current contract.  In the past, there was no monitoring by Navajo on use of BI hours.  Therefore, for the 600 additional BI hours – hours will be reviewed and approved prior to use by Ben M and Teresa.  New Dawn will submit billing on a monthly basis.  Teresa to check with contracts on how to properly amend current contract because it doesn’t follow the standard format of the Navajo Nation Professional Services Contract.  Once this has been clarified, will send New Dawn (Bart) contract changes required for signature.  Teresa then to proceed with admin review for contract modification.

7.   Discussed and recommended changes for hours not used for on-site (24 hours) and custom documentation (16 hours).   These hours will be converted to BI hours to address and complete outstanding issues associated with Peacemaking go-live.  Teresa to sign off on Change Control.

8.   Teresa and Ben to do on-site NNIJISP evaluation at Shiprock Jan. 9-10, 2012.  Preliminary site visit to Aneth District to address connectivity issue prior to Justware implementation on Jan. 11, 2012.

9.   Conference Call with New Dawn and Project Management team on Jan. 12, 2012 at 10:00 am to continue discussions on Items 1 and 2 above.

10. Request made via email to Sonia on Jan. 6th, 2012 for meeting to discuss in detail NNISJIP activities and reporting.

11. Jed and Bart to be in Window Rock to continue discussion on Items 1 and 2 above on Jan. 17th, 2012 at 9:00 am.

12. NNIJISP TOC meeting tentatively scheduled for Jan 30, 2012 to address sign-off of for “proof of concept”.

THURS. Jan 5, 2012, 8:30 am Conference Call meeting. 
December 29, 2011, 1 pm Conference call, meeting between Chris, Jedd, Ben, Sonia and Teresa to address connectivity / speed issues raised in surveys. 
December 20, 2011, 10 am

TOC Meeting to address PROOF OF CONCEPT SIGN OFF, Shiprock, NM

Present:

M. Teresa Hopkins *

Josephine Foo * alternate for Kathy Bowman

Ben Mariano *

Gloria Dee, Shiprock Prosecutors Office, alternate for Bernadine Martin *

Maynard Benally, Public Defender's office

For New Dawn:  Bart Liechty

 

* There is NO quorem.

As the POC comes to a close and sign off is imminent, these are the points discussed at this project management meeting.

A.  Positive User Survey Results.  Feedback from the Shiprock "Go Live" was received and compiled in the attached memo.  In summary, the users enjoy the enhanced functionality. The tickler and financial capabilities are tremendous plusses. Ultimately, the feedback was above average positives with estimated 65% giving Justware the 2 highest grades (from 1-5) and rarely opting for the lowest score.  The surveys are substantially positive.  The NNIJISP Tech team will be meeting on Dec 29 to address speed issues raised in the surveys.  Sonia will be be meeting with court clerks prior to this meeting to identify what is slow speed-wise and identify specifics of some issues raised in the surveys.  Training needs must be addressed.  New Dawn will be getting all config documentation in by Jan 6 or sooner.  Some deliverables to be shifted to the rollout (see below).  Sonia will be given JWXML training, and sign in sheets for all meetings and trainings must be gathered. When these are completed, there will be a TOC meeting to discuss all information received and sign off on the Shiprock POC.

B.  FORMS STANDARDIZATION -- Court Administrators to finalize by Deadline March 31.  Forms must be finalized through efforts of the districts themselves no later than March 31, 2012.  A Court Administrator should be selected by the CAs themselves to sit on the NNIJISP project management team an this person will be the primary go to person for forms finalization.  Teresa will be sending more details to the CAs.  Ben Mariano is designated the technical advisor to the CAs to get forms finalized.  This is a super priority.  

C.  Rollout Preparations.  With the remaining BI hours and additional BI hours purchased totalling 624 BI hours, New Dawn will participate in post-implementation pre-rollout preparations that may include project management weekly status meetings, trainings of power users from other districts, assistance with forms, and prep work toward Supreme Court and White Collar Crime case management systems.  This will begin immediately.

D.  Deliverables Shifted to Rollout:  The following  deliverables will be shifted to the rollout:

1.  Interface of NNIJISP with DPS.  This was a primary purpose of Navajo Nation information sharing but cannot be accomplished at this time.  Our interface will cost $40,000 from the Justware server to  single CODY server.  We understand there are multiple CODY servers whose information are not consolidated.  Additionally, CODY has not yet addressed issues with corrupted data, support costs, training, functionality, acceptance by users, and lack of rural address and census number data fields.  To date, there is no solution.  Therefore there will be no interface between Justware and CODY DPS at this time.  

2.  Interface with Rangers instead?  The suggestion raised at the meeting was to interface instead with Rangers. This may not be best use of $40,000 unless CODY Rangers and DPS can be consolidated so that information can be pulled from a single server.  Foo strongly advises that issues 1 and 2 be brought to the Law & Order Committee prior to any TOC vote, as the interface with CODY DPS was a fundamental expectation of the Council that remains to be met.  The Council must understand that the interface requires proactive involvement by them and also proactive engagement with DPS with some kind of time frame for correction, consolidation of server information, and sustainability plan in place.  NNIJISP is otherwise ready to go on this. When this issue is brought to L&O, the Committee should also be brought up to date on the status of the POC and rollout as a whole via reports by the PM team.

3.  Public Defender Module.  Pub Def is not ready for Justware. Hardware with MS Word was purchased for them but not yet delivered. Also, most Pub Def info is in WR, which is the next phase of the rollout. Therefore, Pub Def module will be created in the WR phase of the rollout.  

4.  Peacemaking Module.  The Proof of Concept will be signed off before the peacemaking module is fully complete, because its case management fields are likely to change, as will its forms.  Additionally, the peacemaking Userbase was not part of the data conversion in the POC for reasons Ben Mariano can best explain. Therefore, peacemaking will be rolled over to the rollout.

5.  User Manuals.  A working user manual has already been drafted but is not finalized.  Although the POC contract provided these will be competed, it is clear that the user manual completion should be kept open until the rollout is substantially completed in order to address rollout issues.  Therefore, completion of user manuals will be shifted to the rollout.  

6.  Public Access to Court Docket Information.  The public access to court dockets was part of the Shiprock POC.  However, it is clear that implementing the webview now at the POC phase will be of no use and will only confuse the public.  Therefore, the public webview function will be shifted to the rollout.

7.  Agency-specific Views.  At this time, all agencies see a single view.  Group customization of views was an issue raised in feedback.  This will be shifted to the rollout phase.

Shiprock Completion / Sign-off.   Teresa will set the meeting date for the sign-off.  NNIJISP TOC members should consider this sign off meeting as "mandatory" since their signatures will be required on the sign-off document, no alternates will do.  

Below are meeting notes:

  • Weekly project management team meetings to delegate duties and set timelines for those duties

  • Strategic planning must be on paper for remainder of POC and also for rollout

  • ND would like some assurances re rollout; Foo will provide a memo

  • Forms will be ready by March, 2012

  • NN needs more proactive, creative project planning to fit the hydra-like needs of this multi-agency and multi-district integrated CMS

  • Judicial HR still looking into whether Executive branch will allow supplementation of salary of personnel like Gloria Dees if she commits time to the rollout

  • Josephine Foo-- must provide legal for the POC sign off and then draft the rollout contract.

  • Sonia Nez-- will be the tech lead on ND implementation with 2-3 staff below her.

  • Teresa Hopkins --will be the business-side lead required to set the business side game plan and make sure the rollout contract fully reflects what needs to be done.

  • Still need a court administrator chosen to sit on the PM group.

  • Issue: should it be a single view of tabs for all with restricted access to info in these tabs; or should views be customized to groups?  Decision: no customization per user as the long term should be for groups in case of individual turnover.

  • Documentation required from ND on the contract deliverables so that remaining deliverables can be examined for completion, including sign-in sheets.

  • BI hrs are used only for creation and modification, NOT project planning.

  • Suggestion to shift JusticeBroker from DPS to Rangers, since their support costs are fully paid and DPS is not paid and also continues to have substantial data entry issues.

  • SR Prosecutor antenna is sitting on top of NECA rooftop now.

  • Pub Def should be pushed to the rollout phase, as SR Pub Def has limited data; most data lies in the WR central Pub Def office.  The 24 remaining BI hours can be rolled over to the rollout via a change control.

  • Deliverables remaining:

    • CD 4 -- webview, documents for JDA document imaging not delivered

    • CD-5 onsite config for courts, completed but no documentation, user manuals and documentation as to what it looks like, Sonia to decide what is acceptable; for config we have 24 BI hrs left over

    • CD-6 onsite config for prosecutor, completed but no documentation

    • CD-7 onsite config for Pub Def, NOT DONE, will be rolled to rollout

    • CD-8 BI Services, hours completed but no documentation.  We need a summary of X hrs spent, X forms and X reports created. 

    • CD 9 done except peacemaking, which was not in contract.

    • CD-10 administrator training, need sign in sheets

    • CD-11 need information on patches and updates

    • CD-12 user manuals should be marked incomplete pending rollout

    • CD-13 1000 hours were pooled in a bucket, 24 hrs left, with 18 to Pub Def

    • Multiple CDs Peacemaking.  Will be rolled over to rollout.

    • CD 16 JWXML training not given to Sonia.  Bart to talk to Jed.

    • CD 17 Post go live assistance -- did Jed bucket these 120 hours too and are these all used up?  Answer:  yes.  We do not have any more hours.  But we have 600 BI hours extra based on the $75K change control. 

  • Signed off:  CD 1, 2, 3, 9, 10

  • Signed by ND: 4, 5, 6, 7,

  • Rollout contract:
    • If there are modifications in the rollout in terms of hours when hours are exceeded, make sure the rollout contract clearly provides local authority for such modifications.  What happens if BI hours exceed contract hours for the bucket deliverable? Make sure that Jed does not put all BI hours into a bucket as here, even though 24 hrs are remaining, we are missing 30 hrs for webview.

Action Items:

  • PM Team to make a report to L&O committee regarding projected shift of interface from Justware with CODY DPS, to Justware with CODY Rangers.  But there are amazing issues:  the $40,000 interface fee is for a single interface with a single server.  CODY has multiple servers.  Teresa to submit to L&O that the servers need to be consolidated.  Question:  if we interface with Rangers (1 server) we use up the $40,000 interface fee unless Rangers can be consolidated with DPS.  Plus changes to the POC contract and why, and what will be carried over to rollout.

  • Bart will collect documentation of the contract deliverables they have, including screenshot of SRS documents, as Teresa needs to have them in a binder for site monitors.  A binder has been given, but there's nothing that can be used.  Sonia will designate what docs are needed.  Deadline:  Friday, Jan 6.

  • Change control to be drafted by Josey, for a number of mods including will be signed rolling over the Pub Def module to the rollout.

  • Maynard -- please report back to this project management team list regarding status of Pub Def acquisition of MS Word for its offices, which is a requirement for installing Justware.  You will need to identify your equipment, software needs and also give a dollar amount.  Teresa may have some fixed cost funding for this purpose, but Pub Def will also need to get some extra.  DEADLINE:  Jan 13.
  • Business side:  needs to get hi level management identify custom reports.  Locate sign in sheets (Josey).
  • Sonia will get clerks to identify what is slow speed-wise by Dec 29 meeting.
  • There will be agency-grouped views. Decision-making regarding group-views will be made by the tech implementers.
  • Ben Mariano is designated technical advisor for the CAs to finalize forms no later than March 31.
  • Teresa will get CA project management team member on the CA Jan 11 meeting agenda.
  •  
    Meeting on Sonia's proposal items. 

    WEEKLY PROJECT MANAGEMENT MEETINGS:  THURS. Jan 5, 2012, 9 am. venue TBA.
December 7, 2011

Tech Team meeting, Window Rock, to go over deliverables one final time.

December 5, 2011
10 am
Holiday Inn, ABQ

Rollout Planning and Proof of Concept Assessment meeting,

Morning meeting commenced w/o quorum and no notes were taken.  After lunch, Kathy Bowman revived her written designation of Foo as her alternate, so post lunch meeting proceeded as TOC meeting with quorem.

Absences today due to storm-related road closures on I-40.

 

Present:

Chief Justice *

M. Teresa Hopkins *

Josephine Foo * alternate for Kathy Bowman

Bernadine Martin *

Ben Mariano *

Orlando Bowman *

Gloria Dee, Shiprock Prosecutors Office

Ethel Laughing, Shiprock Court Administrator

Lucy Yesslith, Shiprock Probation Officer

Carolyn Barber, Shiprock Court Clerk

Candida Foster, Shiprock Court Clerk

For New Dawn:  Jedd Judd, Bart Liechty

 

* There is a quorem.

The below meeting notes are a DRAFT and are far from complete.

 

Rollout.  The confirmed pricing includes the Supreme Court, and will now also include peacemaking and public defender that is rolled over from the pilot to the rollout.

 

Manuals.  All user guides (manuals) were developed by Sonia and Elrena with input by the users.    The user guides (manuals) were tested, and any updates identified during training and demonstration sessions, Kevin was assigned to update the user guides accordingly.

 

Master Calendar. Ethel needs it, and ND says it will be done.

 

Pending police reports. Remains an issue.

 

Lag Time.  Got new computers in courts and lag time is less but lag time still remains.

 

User trainings. Prosecutors not using, forms not completed, DOC not fully using CODY, users not entering complete info, not entering info at all, communications regarding firewalls, need for sharing immediate information for people in jail and how long they stay there, ND says user trainings is an internal issue and should not be held as criteria for deliverables.

 

Ticklers. Can a judge be informed that they have 2 days left to issue an order? Yes, there are ricklers and pop up reminders.

 

Stage deliverables sign off.  Some 6 deliverables remain to be signed off.  The final sign off should be by the NNIJISP TOC instead of any single person because it is such a huge decision. Now that Elrena has not been present for many NNIJISP activities without explanation, and has made no reports, who signs off on the remaining six deliverables was raised as a concern.  

 

Sona Nez will be filling the grant-funded ITBSA position until funds expire, following which she will be permanently paid out of General Funds.  The intention is that Sonia's position be permanently funded and that she receive 2 or 3 support technical staff.  Everyone spoke highly of Sonia and how indispensable she is to the project. The concern is that she be fully supported, with tasks shared and certain administrative duties delegated out.  New Dawn emphasized that she should be allowed to focus on implementation and should not be saddled with all the difficulties of inter-agency and inter-district issues and scheduling of meetings that are sure to come up in the rollout.  Someone else should have that administrative micro management task and free her up to fine tune Justware customized to rollout users.  

 

NNIJISP Support.  A Plan will be presented on the creation of 2-3 GF funded positions to support Sonia as technical support for the project.

 

Shiprock personnel had to leave at 3 pm due to weather.  After they left, the following items were voted on:

1.  The TOC voted 5-0 to replace Elrena Mitchell with Teresa Hopkins as the Project Manager with sign-off authority on stage deliverables, and Hopkins salary shall be supplemented accordingly. Meanwhile, Sonia Nez will fill the ITBSA position which will be heavily technical now and serve as Justware Implementer and Power Administrator.  When grant funds expire, she will be paid permanently out of General Funds.

2.   The TOC voted 5-0 for the following people are designated to serve on a project management team who will assist the Project Manager with sign-off decision-making and rollout planning, effective immediately:

  • Teresa Hopkins, Project Manager
  • Sonia Nez, Justware Implementer ITBSA
  • Ben Mariano, Judicial IT
  • A court administrator to be designated
  • Orlando Bowman, DPS IMS
  • Josephine Foo, for compliance

3.  The TOC voted 5-0 to order the project management team to submit to them a Plan of Operations by January, 2012. 

4.  The TOC voted 5-0 that the Pre-rollout change control will be signed by Teresa Hopkins effective immediately.

5.  The TOC voted 5-0 that Task 19, which is the sign off for the Proof of Concept, will not be signed by Teresa Hopkins, but will be signed by the TOC comprising each of the POC components receiving Justware.

Next TOC meeting:  Will be Dec 21 for SIGN OFF, before which Foo will submit a summary of all reports. 

 

November 22, 2011

Conference call on POC sign off and rollout planning.

Present:  For ND Jed Judd, Bart Liechty; For NNIJISP Teresa Hopkins, Sonia Nez, Josephine Foo

November 7, 2011

Travis Platero resigns; the Business Systems Administrator position is now vacant.

September 26 – September 30, 2011

Weekly Update from Travis Platero, NNIJISP – Systems and Programming Manager
Monday 26, 2011 – Staff Development from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Shiprock NNIJISP Open House September 26 -29, 2011; Probation Go-Live.
Tuesday 27, 2011 – Shiprock NNIJISP Open House September 26 -29, 2011; Probation Go-Live.
Wednesday 28, 2011 – Shiprock NNIJISP Open House September 26 -29, 2011; Probation Go-Live.
Thursday 29, 2011 – Shiprock NNIJISP Open House September 26 -29, 2011; Probation Go-Live.
Friday 30, 2011 – Worked on NNIJISP reports.
Ongoing next week:  October 3  – October 7, 2011

  1. 4th Quarterly Report is due.
  2. 90 day deliverables are due.
September 19 – September 23, 2011

Weekly Update from Travis Platero, NNIJISP – Systems and Programming Manager
Monday 19, 2011 – Travel to Denver, Colorado for meeting with New Dawn Technologies.
Tuesday 20, 2011 – Reviewed new project documentation provided by New Dawn; timelines, contract deliverables, training & outstanding issues.
Wednesday 21, 2011 – Looked into JustWare training for staff at the NN Judicial Conference.  Best solutions for this to happen.  Continued working on reports and deployment plans.
Thursday 22, 2011 – Worked on JustWare deployment plan for Window Rock and Dilkon District Court rollout.  Continued working on business processes and workflows for the NN court systems.  Continued working on reports and deployment plans.
Friday 23, 2011 – Worked on NNIJISP TOC agenda and voting items.  Continued working on reports and deployment plans.
Ongoing next week:  September 26 – September 30, 2011

  1. Shiprock NNIJISP Open House September 26 -29, 2011.
  2. Staff development day September 26, 2011.
September 12 – September 16, 2011

Weekly Update from Travis Platero, NNIJISP – Systems and Programming Manager
Monday 12, 2011 – SQL200 – Introduction to Microsoft SQL Transact.  Phoenix, Arizona
Tuesday 13, 2011 – SQL200 – Introduction to Microsoft SQL Transact.  Phoenix, Arizona
Wednesday 14, 2011 – SQL200 – Introduction to Microsoft SQL Transact.  Phoenix, Arizona
Thursday 15, 2011 – Travel Day back to Window Rock, Arizona.
Friday 16, 2011 – Continued working on Development Plan for JustWare Implementation to Window District Court.
Ongoing next week:  September 19 – September 22, 2011

  1. Monday, September 19, 2011 – Travel to Denver, Colorado for meeting with New Dawn.
  2. Work on NNIJISP TOC agenda and determine voting topics.  (re: Contract task deliverables)
  3. Continue working on the JustWare deployment plan for Window Rock.
  4. Analyze business process for courts, Supreme Court and the forms they use.
  5. Begin to diagram process flows of the court system. 
  6. Continue going over forms process and assembling documentation on JDA.  Inquire about JDA training?
September 5 – September 9, 2011

Weekly Update from Travis Platero, NNIJISP – Systems and Programming Manager
Monday 29, 2011 – Meeting with Teresa on Job Performance Evaluation, Planning details on Phase 2 of the Window rock location.
Tuesday 30, 2011 – Worked on performance evaluation report and deliverables folder.  Researched latency with the JustWare server and users; Shiprock Court is experiencing 10 – 15 minute wait intervals.
Wednesday 31, 2011 – Site visit to DIT; analyze system performance and system space, viewing environments and gathering system configuration information. 
Thursday 1, 2011 – Property on site for tagging of equipment, site visits to DIT, Window Rock court house, AOC.
Friday 2, 2011 – 2 hours Admin Leave.  Continued going over NNIJISP contract and deliverables. 
Ongoing next week:  September 12 – September 16, 2011

  1. Analyze business process for courts, Supreme Court and the forms they use.
  2. Begin to diagram process flows of the court system. 
  3. Continue going over forms process and assembling documentation on JDA.  Inquire about JDA training?
August 22 – 26, 2011

Weekly Update from Travis Platero, NNIJISP – Systems and Programming Manager
Monday 22, 2011 NNIJISP Work Session day 1
Tuesday 23, 2011 – NNIJISP Work Session day 2.
Wednesday 24, 2011 – Site visit to DIT; analyze system performance and system space.  Began looking at court business processes and work flows.
Thursday 25, 2011 – Went through JustWare training manual and went through case entry in the training environment.  Went through some of the court forms. 
Friday 26, 2011 – NTUA meeting to discuss network connectivity and possible hosting, through ARAA project.
Ongoing next week:  August 29 – September 2, 2011

  1. Help finalize list for MS SQL transact training on September 12 – 15, 2011
  2. Continue getting familiar in JustWare training environment.
  3. Get in phone line installed at AOC office location.
  4. Gather price quotes for Dream Weaver, MS Visio and Projects.
  5. Go over JPE with Teresa Hopkins.
  6. Gather existing forms to be used in JDA & JustWare
August 15 – 19, 2011

Weekly Update from Travis Platero, NNIJISP – Systems and Programming Manager
Monday 15, 2011 – Code Talker Day, Navajo Nation Holiday (8 Hrs Admin Leave).
Tuesday 16, 2011 – Meeting with Court Administrators, Continued working on gathering documentation for NNIJSIP, Site visit to DIT for systems information.
Wednesday 17, 2011 – Worked on 30 day report, Worked on project documentation. 
Thursday 18, 2011 – Prepared NNIJISP Work session agenda,
Friday 19, 2011 – NTUA meeting to discuss network connectivity and possible hosting, through ARAA project. 
Ongoing next week:  August 22 – 26, 2011

  1. Continue getting familiar in JustWare training environment.
  2. Being prepared Window Rock roll out Implementation documentation.
  3. Prepare 30 day JPE Report
  4. NNIJISP site visit to NTUA Shiprock NOC.
  5. Gather existing forms to be used in JDA & JustWare
Aug 8, 2011
Weekly Update from Travis Platero, NNIJISP IT Systems Administrator

Monday 01, 2011 -- TOC meeting.  Updated and finalized NNIJISP purchases, working with NN Property to get none tagged hardware. 

Tuesday 02, 2011 -- Meeting with DIT regarding Admin access.  Window Rock court site visit and hardware inventory.  Preparing and reviewing documentation.

Wednesday 03, 2011 -- Office working on NNIJISP documentation.  Began studying JustWare training environment and user manual. 

Thursday 04, 2011 -- Meeting with José, Teresa and I on NNIJISP Plan of Operation. Grant monitor visit.

Friday 05, 2011 -- Shiprock Site Visit; Sonia and I, went over open issues with JustWare.  Gathered partial hardware inventory at the SR court offices.

Ongoing next week:  August 08 – 12, 2011

1.       Finish Hardware and Software Inventory & have NN property tag equipment.

2.       Meet with Elrena and gather all existing NNIJISP documentation (i.e. JW forms,  etc.)

3.       Call with ND on documentation & overall project update.

4.       Plan for NNIJISP Work session on Aug. 22 & 23, 2011.

5.       Get with Ben M. on additional admin JustWare training.  Continue getting familiar in JustWare training environment.

6.       Begin examining at second phase of ND contract (i.e. 230 user license, Support Costs, etc.)

7.       Being prepare Implementation report for POC (SR) to TOC: Due Sept. 26, 2011

8.       Writing up DRP for NNIJISP.

Aug 1, 2011
9 am - noon

TOC Meeting, AOC Room.

 

Present:

Chief Justice *

Kathy Bowman *

Frank Burnside *

Bernadine Martin *

Ben Mariano *

Harold Skow *

Orlando Bowman *

Frank Burnside *

Cindy Yellowhair *

Travis Platero

M. Teresa Hopkins

Josephine Foo

Alex Largie

Ben Gorman

Darryl Billy, Rangers

Aurelia Nez, Rangers

 

There is a quorum. 

 

Introduction of Travis, duties and roles -- After confusion regarding whether it was one or 2 positions, the new IT Administrator for NNIJISP was introduced; Skow said he would be responsible for making his own project plan, Elrena said she cannot train him until October and Ben Mariano should train him.  We need help, need very intense training to use and maneuver in it. Chief Justice stated that Elrfena must communicate with Travis as much as possible to ensure a smooth transition, since she intends to leave DIT sometime in September or October after completion of the POC. Foo is also to transition her grant duties to him and share all her knowledge with him.  Finally, Travis is to work with Ethel to get a date for the TOC to come down to the Shiprock pilot to observe.

 

Plan of Operations -- DOJ needs to be involved more, front and center, and be fully informed not only that en entity needs to be created, but what the needs and policies are.

 

Reports -- Elrena made her report on the Shiprock Go Live. She says it is moving quickly, and she has had to clean up the mess she was given and it is going well with a projected September 15 completion date. District Courts and Prosecutor are up, to be followed by peacemaking, public defenders, and probation.  They have bene prepping a user manual, and DIT is all by themselves out there.  TOC stakeholders have to go out there and see for themselves and not just rely on reports, there is an open invitation.  Clerks really like it.  There should be a press officer out there.  Questioned as to when the POC can be signed off, Elrena says she will sign off in September when all the CMS tasks are completed, and that he duties do not include the multi-component preparations of protocols, policies, etc. She's focused on deliverables.  Done all the training, its now tweaking only.  Cindy said a lot of documentation is missing, and she says we need everything documented and she will make sure it is when its probation's turn.  Elrena continued to emphasize the open invitation to stakeholders to go down there.  Skow said the target date is August 26th.  Discussion continued re reports, since Shiprock's Userbase is now down. 

POC Evaluation -- We need to put forth a plan for the POC evaluation that reflects the consensus based mission of the multi-component NNIJISP, including feedback from all essential users and stakeholders. 

 

Tohatchi Detention module -- Elrena is planning to install a Justware detention model here.  Orlando says detention is using an Eagle Sun juvenile software but will double check.  Elrena is planning this because detention staff approached her for help since they are entering everything by hand. Alex said Justware hasnt been tested over DSL.  Skow is putting it on Travis to map out DSL, users, needs, methods used, etc. at Tohatchi asap.  TOC stated that DOC hasn't been attending NNIJISP meetings. DPS is getting 2 more technical CODY people on board.  Orlando will get the info from Tohatchi and help Travis out. Foo stated that a detention module is not in the current Justware contract nor does that contract extend to Tohatchi users.  We will need to find out a price from Justware, get a contract, and pursue SAS review.  Chief Justice talked about the work being done by the Nabinahaazlago Initiative at Tohatchi in developing case plans for juveniles in detention rather than go along with the old method of incarceration only.

 

CODY -- Despite its flaws, it appears that DPS may have made a decision to live with it and fix the API and other issues.  Skow says we can leave the API blank and pull one-directional info or just search.  Ben says what about info back? Discussion proceeded about the address issues, not enough fields.  The rangers say they need GPS so they know which Jane Doe to go to. 

 

Sharepoint -- The multi-divisional IT needs gathering meeting asked for by OPVP has been set by Skow for August 30.  Says he is getting $845,000 from Navajo Nation and will put out a RFP for Sharepoint.  NNIJISP and Judicial will not take part. 

 

Public Defender connectivity issues -- Shiprock PD connectivity is messed up and need to be addressed now, also no electricity and major personnel issues due to bereavements Elrena will translate their wordperfect templates into the JDA.

 

Worksession.  Skow says he can present Sharepoint to the worksession if there is internet access.  Vote was taken after strenuous discussion to invite NTUA for the worksession.  Scheduled for Aug 22-23.  We need to address:

  • Assessment Plan for the POC

  • Plan of Operations

  • IDOL and Sharepoint

  • Billison to attend to explain CODY interface

  • NTUA and Frontier to come in re: reliability of connectivity

  • Uniform IT protocols, Travis' roles and responsibilities

Action Items:

  1. Orlando will take the lead, with Travis, Ben and Frank, to check out Tohatchi DLS, methods of CMS, needs, etc. for implementation of Justware.

  2. Orlando needs to rope in Delores for a discussion on the detention module.

  3. TOC needs to get over to Shiprock and learn how to use the system.

  4. NNIJISP reps to attend the Aug 30 multi-divisional meeting on Sharepoint being set up by Skow.

  5. Skow to set up Sharepoint demo for worksession.  Foo to set up IDOL also.

  6. Hopkins, Travis, Foo and Spruhan to work on a draft of Plan of Operations before the worksession

July 18, 2011 Travis Platero has been hired as the Systems & Programming Manager.
June 27, 2011 Vacancy for Systems & Programming Manager re-listed with July 8 closing date.
June 23, 2011
8 am - 10:30 am

TOC Meeting, AOC Room.

 

Present:

Chief Justice *

M. Teresa Hopkins *

Josephine Foo * alternate for Kathy Bowman

Frank Burnside *

Bernadine Martin *

Harold Skow *

Orlando Bowman * arrived late

Alex Largie

Guests:  Sam Traznik, Maxxis; Paul Reynosa, NLIIG

 

There is a quorum.

 

Vote on Letter of Support -- After discussion, with explanation by Foo and questions from TOC, TOC Vote was taken.  On CJ Motion, Foo for K. Bowman 2nd -- vote was unanimous to sign the support letter in support of the NIJIS Initiative FY 2011 Competitive Grant.

 

Reports -- Detailed inventories, applications, and locations and justifications need to be collected and given to the TOC.  What the TOC does have are summaries and charts.  The TOC questioned that some applications appear to support Navajo Nation as a whole, not specifically NNIJISP, and would be no problem if DIT would explain the NNIJISP benefit specifically.  The Eeye security needs to be installed on each user station, what is the purpose, and has it yet been installed?  Largie says it's for Shiprock only.  Skow says Mitchell is busy attending to the "go live" and DIT will address all concerns when the "go live" is finished and will convene a DIT meeting in one week's time.  Skow says definitive date for submission will be after that meeting with Alex Largie and Mitchell after the "go live." Chief Justice reminded everyone that it is critical to provide all details and justifications.

 

DIT's Limitations -- Skow says space is limited, but they are obligated and will take care of all programs needing IT support.  Chief Justice says he visited Shiprock yesterday and 2 DIT staff were there.  Mitchell has put off her end date until after "go live."  Skow says when she leaves, PM would have to be outside DIT.  There will be a grant funded Systems and Programming Manager who would take on the PM role.  Skow and Foo discussed how exactly the rollout might be managed when Mitchell leaves. Martin asked if Skow was saying that when Mitchell and if Sonia were to leave, was DIT able to provide personnel to lead the project?  Interviews for the new hires took place last week.  CJ emphasized the need for Mitchell to put TOC up to date and give the new hire(s) an orientation.  Skow says DIT knows how to make it run, even without an orientation, he's not too worried about it.  Hopkins is concerned about a catch-up and absolutely needs an update from Elrena.

 

Sharepoint Presentation by Skow and guests -- Skow presented a youtube on Sharepoint 2010 Essentials from lynda.com.  The guests then spoke about the creation of the Navajo cloud which will bring entities together on a common platform.  DIT has upgraded from 2003 to 2010 MS versions to make a virtual environment/clouds enabling high availability within systems.  Server and storage components.  From Sharepoint perspective, its not an application, its what brings the whole environment together as a platform and start communicating on top of that, a data-sharing repository of sorts.  Excellent search capabilities, opp. to build programs to indivi. purposes., shareable among every division.  We've been working on SS Title IV project which needs to talk to police, it is now mostly manual.  All users will have privileges.  Information, including reports will already be in the system.  Eliminates a lot of red tape.  Also key is: regardless of application, they can talk to each other.  We will own it, and we will build it.  Regular maintenance needs to occur.  It's a data repository, program management, database info sharing, program development.  Data sits on a cloud.  Installed on a virtual network with multiple redundancies.

After the presentation, discussion moved toward the need for a master IT law, and solutions other than Sharepoint that are being pursued discretely by agencies, which Social Services doesn't know about, and which they and the President should be told before the train leaves the station.

 

It was clarified that the guests are not vendors, but have been hired on an emergency basis to fix glitches in the MS exchange.  However, they are also talking about Sharepoint 2010, as they do sell it.

Foo reminded Skow that NNIJISP has been pursuing grant funding through CTAS and other grants since March to purchase an IDOL IBM/Autonomy solution that is used by Homeland Security and FBI and which does the same things Sharepoint does, but which we are being offered a perpetual license plus the first 2 million documents free; and thereafter, support costs would be $18,00/annum instead of Sharepoint's $100,000/annum. 

Skow says the new environment/cloud is already in place but just needs an additional disc that costs $122,000. 

 

Vote on Spending on Video Conferencing and MetroEthernet and Connectivity -- Hopkins says in order for the video arraignment equipment to function in the most remote districts, we need to buy static IP for 4 districts @ 300+/mo each plus continue to pay for MetroEthernet in the Shiprock pilot (Judicial, Police and Prosecutor).  Spending for remaining videoconferencing equipment will come out of fixed costs.  Motion Skow, 2nd Burnside, 5 in favor, 1 opposed (Martin) to ensure the above connectivity out of fixed costs.

 

Meeting recessed until 4 pm.

 

Upon reconvening, there was a quorum with all TOC members from the morning present. Hopkins arrived late.  The guests from the morning and Alex Largie were absent.

 

Spending discussion continued, specifically regarding Skow's request for assistance with a $122,000 disc, and O Bowman's need for AFIS and CODY funds.

 

Sharepoint v. IDOL share solutions.  Discussion on data sharing solutions continued.  IDOL as an open source data sharing, search, and risk factor tagging portal, is used by Homeland Security and Dept. of Defense and would not require any more than a single server; would not replicate files stored into the system; is able to read multiple languages and go into disparate programs including Excel, CODY, Justware, Sharepoint and Access, and obtain information without the need for additional code, licensing or dollars.  Sharepoint, on the other hand, requires huge storage capacity because it replicates millions of documents and requires licenses for the replication sites, e.g. would need additional CODY and Justware licenses for storage of replicated proprietary files; and cannot perform federated searches and risk analysis.  The TOC wants demonstrations for both, and will invite General Services, Social Services, and the President's staff.

 

Project Management Worksession.  Scheduled for beginning of July in Gallup and will also address getting the TOC members thorough information.

 

Action Items:

  1. Confirm dates and plan agenda of July worksession

  2. Skow to submit 3 bids for his $122K disc

  3. O Bowman to provide specifics of DPS AFIS/CODY needs

  4. Foo to set up IDOL demo

  5. Skow to set up Sharepoint demo

June 20 - 24, 2011 GO-LIVE at the Shiprock District Pilot !!!!!
May 24, 2011, 10 AM - noon

TOC Meeting, IMS Conference Room.

 

Present:

M. Teresa Hopkins, * alternate for CJ

Elrena Mitchell * alternate for H Skow

Lucinda Yellowhair *

Orlando Bowman *

Ben Mariano *

Frank Burnside *

Josephine Foo

Sonia Nez

Ethel Laughing

 

6 TOC members present.  There is a quorum.

 

1.     Reports.  Elrena and Teresa had a separate meeting and Elrena provided reports sans TOC notes, which are still being finalized/reviewed by Harold, ultimate deadline is June 6. Frank is confirmed as a permanent TOC member.

2.     Update on Connectivity Teresa explained that MetroEthernet will cost too much $1100 per month per single district and is not realistic.  She is seeking state funding and connectivity alternatives.  In the meantime, specifically for video arraignments/hearings/conferences, connectivity is already optimised for WR Corrections, WR Ct., SR. Ct., DIlkon Court., CP Corrections, and the Supreme Court.  AL and TO is currently connected to Skyblue satellite which is not working, and alternatives are being sought.  AOC will not be optimized until the move.  Other courts and corrections are pending.  

3.     New Buildings.  NNIJISP has been engaged in planning cabling in the new multi-justice facilities to ensure 24/7 access and also set aside rooms for video conferencing/arraignments/hearings.

4.     Strategic Plan.  Elrena says we should have a strategic plan.  Josey referred her to the IJIS Institute TA Report which provides a detailed strategic plan.  She recommended that the team read that plan prior to any work session.

5.     Expenses.  Teresa and Elrena discussed expenses set forth in the binder provided to Teresa by Elrena, including cabling items. 

6.      Worksession.  June 13-14 (Mon-Tues).  Fix in-house problems, invite rural people later.  Need an action plan to give info to the project management team. 

7.     Voiceover IP.  Navajo Nation Telecom is deploying Voiceover IP which will run over internet and reduce phone costs. 

Action Items: 

  • Project Management team needs to re-involve the Rural Broadband Project. 

  • Worksession should be planned soon. 

  • Elrena to submit TOC notes and all remaining reports by June 6.

  • Teresa to check on Gallup as a worksession venue.

  • Elrena and Ethel to meet before the worksession to spot issues for worksession in regard to the pilot.

  • Elrena to provide a connectivity chart so we can plan cost sharing.

May 17, 2011 Vacancy for Systems & Programming Manager posted with May 27 closing date.
Mon., May 9, 2011, 10:00 AM

NNIJISP TOC Meeting

AOC Conference Room

 

Present:

Chief Justice Herb Yazzie *

Elrena Mitchell, NNDIT, Project Manager

Sonia Nez, NNDIT

Orlando Bowman, DPS IMS *

Harold Skow, NNDIT *

Teresa Hopkins, JB AOC

Ben Mariano, JB IT Manager *

Josephine Foo, NNSC

Frank Burnside, Jr. * alternate for OCP

Alex Largie, NNDIT

Darren Tungovia, JB HR Director

Aurelia Nez, NNDRE for Chief Butler

Kevin Smith, NNDIT

Ethel Laughing, SR Court Administrator

 

*  TOC members.  5 of 10 TOC members present.  There is a quorum.

  1. Reports.  Ms. Mitchell gave a summary report and asked for more time to submit a completed report until May 20, 2011. Go Live is projected June 27 - July 1, to include an Open House, SR Ct shutting down the week before for hands-on training, creating a user guide, and JDA parties.  Problems regarding forms standardization continue, but 100 forms have gone through the first legal review and has been boiled down by DIT to 39 forms and will be uploaded in the pilot.  After JDA training, in-house administrators will be able to go in and change the forms in due course.   Workflows based on case event types have been worked on, and we have now 20 user-set flows in Justware that will be used to create user guides for the basis of the rollout to be delivered by New Dawn in July.  The Go-live will also include end-user training events.  The timeline/calendar for these was provided to the TOC at this meeting.

  2. Late Reports.  Ms. Mitchell said that they are troubleshooting the problems attendant with generating reports.

  3. Funds.  Ms. Foo reported on the freeze in all Navajo Nation federal grant expenditures that went into effect last Friday as notified by Tammy Tso and continued to emphasize the need to file timely and complete grants and account properly for all NNIJISP funds, as has been done for the past 3 years.  Also, while the initiative of DIT has been terrific, information sharing with even the project team, and the judges, remains at issue.  Finally, some attorneys have voiced that the legal review was not completed or was not sufficient.  She stated that there is a need for a NNIJISP delegation to meet with the financial people to see the consequences of the freeze on the pilot and rollout.  Also, the project management team needs to meet and pinpoint all remaining costs involved in the go-live, sources of the funds, etc. and see how the go-live will be financed now with the freeze.  Harold is concerned about funds for MetroEthernet for the GoLive.  Ms. Hopkins pressed the issue of when the report will be delivered by Ms. Mitchell, and also proper tagging and accounting for property purchased, proper methods of spending pursuant to TOC decisions that must be made prior to spending, and proper budgeting.  Ms. Mitchell said that a lot of DIT funds have been used for NNIJISP, so Ms. Hopkins said this should be included in NNIJISP costs.  Chief Justice stated that we should call for a meeting soon with Navajo Nation finance, after all budgets/reports are in, to work out consequences for the go-live and even for the entire NNIJISP.

  4. Project Management.  Issues surrounding DIT's project management was discussed, led by Mr. Skow, who told the TOC that personnel changes coming at DIT may well limit their PM capacity, especially Ms. Mitchell's position.  Problem is Division Director thinks DIT hasn't the resources to manage Justware. Also Sonia has been diverted from her primary tasks to do NNIJISP.  Ms. Mitchell would leave the PM portion on July 1.  Ms. Hopkins will ask Ms. Martin to put Frank Burnside back on the PM team, as he is needed.  Ben Mariano asked that his team at Judicial be informed before DIT goes out to SR to make network enhancements or any related task.  He is comfortable with taking over the NNIJISP tasks Sonia has been doing which will end in 2 weeks. 

  5. Reclass of Business System Administrator.  Only $130,000 left, so Mr. Tungovia recommended 1 position, not 2 or 3, which would carry us through next fiscal year.  The position would be a Systems Programming Manager with specialized minimum skills including A+ and database certification, 6 years experience in systems and design, actual computer design experience, a BA, and a Master's preference.  The position must upkeep the system and provide tech support toward the next NNIJISP phase.  Fringe can be taken from fixed costs, the remainder from the grant. Mr. Tungovia will proceed in advertising and set forth more internal controls.  CJ wants the new position to be able to be trained by the outgoing PM.  Mr. Skow suggested $75,000 start to attract a skilled person and include project management duties and include moving expenses out of fixed costs if needed.  TOC VOTE:  5-0 for all the above. 

  6. Gaming Regulatory Commission.  Needs background checks assistance from DPS. The commission warns of a projected increase in DV, thefts, and related offenses as a result of gaming.  We may need to get funding for the increased costs from Gaming. More discussion as to what participation is needed from the justice community.

  7. SEARCH report.  Ms. Foo summarized the report, including the CTAS grant in which funds for a PM and Geofile programmer is being sought. NNDOJ should be approached in regard to the absence of a geofile to speak to that issue.  Mr. Bowman will be discussing it further with Mr. Billison, which has also been provided to Ms. Greyeyes.  Ms. Mitchell said that a lot of info in CODY is unusable at this point.

  8. CODY/API.  Mr. Bowman discussed CODY issues, including service level agreements and technical staff and other help.  Nothing firm.  Mr. Bowman reported that CODY support costs / annual IT maintenance have increased in 2011 due to the mobile lab unit. He's met with the CODY PMT and discussed issues of responsibility and use, and have begun a plan w CODY administrators (officers and records clerks).  Need to get these assigned for definite term to CODY away from their regular jobs. He will also approach government regarding critical need for long-term funding.  Must get the funding issues resolved for the API issues to also be resolved.  Need also to begin using the video-conferencing equipment to meet frequently with the CODY administrators.  Sharing use with OCP entails licensing issues and more support costs.

  9. Report from SR Court.  Ethel Laughing said the clerks really like Sonia who is patient with them, and the changes that may be coming are troubling to her.  The local judges are frustrated because of continuous interruptions in the project.  We put a lot of our energy into it because of day to day operation and set aside admin days, and our court is so busy.  Elrena, Sonia and Kevin realize how busy we are.  I have so many duties myself.  We're putting in a lot of energy, and when we set dates for Go Live, with the change in Go Live date now, I don't know how to let the judges know.  The judges support our schedule. As of Friday, and the district court sat down with Ben Mariano mostly for the forms for the first time.  Our current CMS is very limited and we need to enhance, needs to be done.  SR users support it. Need to accomplish it. Hopefully the changes in personnel and need to update one another needs to be done. I came here to learn what is happening. Sonia and Elrena have done a lot.

  10. Security and Forms.  CJ emphasized the need to get a memo to stakeholders, especially judges, about how forms in the system can be changed, and how protocols will be made for these changes.  The need is for uniformity, not separate changes.  Ben Mariano said there is an informal protocol in place now for Userbase that may be written down for Justware after consensus by the CAs.  Ben will write this protocol down and Ethel will present it to the CAs, after which Teresa and Josey will assist in formatting.  Otherwise, Justware has built-in safeguards for information/changes, and the email server also has backups and safeguards to prevent deletions to be permanently lost.

Next TOC Meeting will be on May 24, 10 am to review the report and vote on approval of DIT's strategy. 

 

Action Items:

  • Elrena's Report is due May 20 to Teresa.

  • In the meantime, Elrena and Teresa will have met; and Ben and Sonia will also have met. 

  • In the meantime also, NNIJISP will also be meeting with the funding people to make sure of funds for the Go-Live. 

  • Copies of all POs to be collected by Teresa and given to Alex by Friday, May 13.

  • Teresa to contact Ms. Martin re Frank's permanent assignment to NNIJISP.

  • Ben Mariano to draft up informal protocols from Userbase and get that ASAP to Ethel.

March 30-31, 2011 NNIJISP Orientation for Court Administrators, Judges and Staff Attorneys
March 27-31, 2011

Dilkon Court recabling

Fri., March 11, 2011, 12:30 pm

NNIJISP TOC Meeting

AOC Conference Room

 

Present:

Elrena Mitchell, Project Manager

Teresa Hopkins * alt for Chair Chief Justice

Alex Largie * alt for Harold Skow

Benekke Gorman

Sonia Nez

John Dover  alt for Chief Butler

Wilbur Nelson * alt for John Billison

Diwayne Gardner * alt for Bernadine Martin

Ben Mariano *

Orlando Bowman *

Officer Mike Smith

Kathy  Bowman *

Josephine Foo via AV

Ethel Laughing via AV

 

*  TOC members.  7 of 10 TOC members present.  There is a quorum.

Preliminary

·         Intern.  The projected hire of the present intern was nixed as she has expressed she does not wish to travel.

·         Members and Alternates clarified.  Bernadine and Diwayne are confirmed as members.  Frank Burnside may participate but is no longer on TOC. DRE was voted on the TOC last meeting but no notes, Elrena will provide.  John Dover will be DRE Chief Butler’s alternate.  Gwen Williams no longer on NNIJISP.  Confusion about Mike Smith’s role on TOC as Orlando is now designated CODY leader by DPS.  Orlando will provide clarification on DPS’ role of Wilbur and Mike.  Governance docs need to be updated to reflect new participants; addendum to MOU may need to be prepared and charter reviewed for next TOC meeting on May 10.

·         Website.  As website remains unattended with lack of notes from the past TOC meetings, Foo will resume website updates.  Elrena to provide information to Foo.  It was emphasized information is necessary to not only inform stakeholders, but also required for grant reporting requirements.

·         Grants and expenditures.  Elrena indicated that she will not be submitting for funds under the CTAS grant due to minimal funds being available.  $10K from Utah plus another $10K + from other grants to be used to purchase previously approved brocade switches.

·         Project Management Subcommittee Confirmed.  Members are Elrena, Sonia, Ben Mariano, Teresa, Josey, Orlando and Diwayne.

·         Legal Core Team Confirmed. Bernadine, Kathy, Teresa, Diwayne, Malcolm, and Josey. 

TOC Votes

TOC voted to revive the Project Management Subcommittee with no objections, vote taken as unanimous..  This subcommittee as provided for by charter is now revived and the position of Project Manager is now reclassed as a subcommittee team member subject to all charter conditions.    

Infrastructure/Implementation Concerns

1.     Information, Communication and Training Issues.  Ethel Laughing, Shiprock Court CA, informed TOC that we need to address districts’ negativity and ignorance about the CMS and lack of information. Judge Benally has expressed nervousness about CMS use and want more training for users.  They want periodic meetings with key inter agency people so we can communicate at one level, definitely involve staff attorneys and judges.  Project not being updated and we have users, managers, and judges who are lost.  Need to keep everyone informed; intense training. Dover says we need a liaison; Diwayne pointed out a number of action items for DIT, including provision of notes, communicating, emails.  Diwayne expressed CPO’s need for info in preparing their grants, esp. status of hardware.

2.     Supervision and Coordination.  NNIJISP needs to recognize lines of supervision and also coordination of activities related to NNIJISP.

3.     Training.  Staff need more consistent and on-going training.  Start training new users now. 

4.     Rollout.  WR is next, what is needed to get WR ready?    Also, can licenses be purchased for 4 laptops to be used to district training now?  Note from Foo:  there is no time limit on the rollout.  Pricing is confirmed.  No time/deadline issues except BI hours may have been depleted.

5.     WR wiring issues.  The WR court is re-wired, but why was police not included in the wiring since they will be the 24/7 T1 hub? Need to explore this.

6.     Dilkon Equipment and Wiring.  Dilkon needs new face plates.  Need extra jack for Ethernet.  NNIJISP will request for Frank Burnside’s assistance with Dilkon wiring.  Teresa

7.     Post implementation support – who will provide this?  Inc. admin issues that come up and training plans for these individuals.  Add to Plan of Op.

8.     Redundancy Issues – use of a centralized server means no redundancy yet.  Discussion why server went down after Buffalo Thunder; 3 ports down, only 1 set back up.  Network is not reliable.  Invite NTUA and Frontier in, they say fiber will be up by 2012. Teresa and Alex.

9.     Reliability Issues --  Video conferencing issues and network issues were evident during this meeting. We may need to spend additional $5 - $28K to fix the problem.  Need to test equipment before purchase.  Teresa

Administrative

1.     Late travel requests.  Henceforth, all travel requests for judicial NNIJISP grants must be submitted at least one week prior to travel for approval by Ed Martin. 

2.     Approval for Expenses.  All major expenses must go through the PM Subcommittee.

3.     Reclass. of Business Systems Administrator.  Darren needs info from Elrena so that the grantor may be approached for the reclassification prior to advertisement. Elrena indicated she has submitted packet to Judicial HR.   Still need performance measure as required by grantor per packet provided by Teresa.

Immediate Action Items

1.     Plan of Operations. Will be completed as a priority by the PM Subcommittee.

2.     JIEM Training.  Re-visit, Foo to contact Mo and also query lateness of SEARCH report which per Elrena has not yet been received.

Feb 28 - Mar 2, 2011

NNIJISP Forms Legal Review, NNDIT Conference Room

Feb 24 - 25, 2011

Justware Shiprock End-User Traiining

Feb 23, 2011

Justware JDA Worksession, Farmington, NM

Feb 22, 2011

Justware Kayenta PD/Parole User Training

Feb 21, 2011

Justware Kayenta worksession

Feb 17 - 21, 2011

Window Rock District Court recabling, computer network

Feb 16, 2011

NNIJISP TOC Meeting

Feb 14, 2011, 10 am - Noon

Justware JDA Party, DIT

Feb 14, 2011, 9 - 10 am

New Dawn - NNIJISP Status Meeting

Wed., Feb 9, 2011

Legal Core Team Meeting

Quality Inn, WR, Noon - 1 pm

Bernadine Martin, Chief Prosecutor

Kathy Bowman, Public Defender

Malcolm Begay, Kayenta Staff Attorney

Josephine Foo, NNSC

Teresa Hopkins, NNJB AOC (arrived at end)

 

Issues discussed:

  1. No CI tracking system for federal declinations and Navajo Nation SOLs.

  2. Prosecutor short on attorneys/advocates.

  3. The 3 year SOL on homicides on NN as compared with no SOL in other jurisdictions.

  4. Bail hearings now held immediately after arraignments, due process issue; should be 3-5 days out optimum.  But, emphasis on release or detention different from district to district.  Kayenta standard is 24 hrs before transport by CI's to Flagstaff, CI removing offender without notifying Prosecutor.

  5. People held but charges not filed -- presentment issues.  No presentment time frames in Navajo court; not served.

  6. Interviews of defendants with CI and/or FBI not recorded.

  7. Need for uniformity as public defender practices in several districts.

  8. Legal sufficiency of forms -- do they include privacy act statement. e.g?  Malcolm very concerned therefore will take lead on this.

  9. Issues with internet access.

  10. Electronic signatures.

  11. Protocol development needed for info sharing and compliance with fed elec. signature act.

Mon., Feb. 7, 2011, 10:00 am

NNIJISP TOC Meeting

NNDIT Conference Room

Feb 3, 2011

Justware JDA Training, Shiprock Court

Jan 31 - Feb 2, 2011

Justware Power User Training, San Juan College, Farmington, NM

Thur, Jan 27, 2011

SEARCH visit, Window Rock - LAST DAY

Attorney General’s Conference Room, Navajo Nation Dept. of Justice – 8 am - Noon

9 am - 10:30 am Discussion with NNIJISP Core Team

10:30 am - Noon -- SEARCH report to TOC; TOC General Meeting

 

Present

Mo West, SEARCH

Ben Krauss, SEARCH

Elrena Mitchell, NNDIT

Sonia Nez, NNDIT

Bernadine Martin, Chief Prosecutor

Kathy Bowman, Public Defender

Teresa Hopkins, NNJB AOC

Josephine Foo, NNSC

Alex Largie, NNDIT

Ben Gorman, NNDIT

Ben Mariano, NNJB

Mike Lee, CODY CH

Orlando Bowman, IMS/NPD

Gwen Williams, OCP/Grants

 

SEARCH REPORT TO TOC.  Ben Krauss discussed master indices and best practices for an RMS in reference to CODY; explained geofile constraints in CODY, no xyz coordinates per industry standards as of 2003.  You do need a geofile component. There is investigative case management functionality in CODY but not used due to CI only connected to internet in WR; re: crash reporting, we span many states but system not configured to be used across the 4 states.  Issues: cross-commissioned sheriffs using different forms; giving state POs access to CODY some day.  However, Krauss has never seen a fully automated crash reporting component, it is always a hybrid.  There is no module for permits and licenses, there is a need for this.  There are technical and operational (training, governance, policy and usage) constraints.  Target date for SEARCH report delivery is 30 days.

 

DESIGNATION OF OCP ALTERNATE.  Diwayne Gardner is designated Ms. Martin's alternate. 

 

FORMATION OF 2 CORE TEAMS.  A data entry team and a legal team.  Elrena, Sonia and IT staff will be the data entry core team; Teresa, Bernadine, Kathy, Josey, Diwayne and Malcolm will be the legal team. 

 

JIEM TOOL.  The data entry team will begin using the JIEM tool to create the workflow.  The JIEM tool online training is on the SEARCH.org site., training to be completed within the week for the data entry team. Rather than pay someone $150-$200 an hour, we can do this ourselves per Mo.  We should receive focused training on IEPD development.  Techs should take the JIEM training and also any online NIEM training. 

 

WIRING REPORT.  Ben Gorman gave the wiring status report.  TO has one school with a T-1 line and must use to set up point to point wireless, however no MOU in place with the school.  Foo will contact Dan Moquin and get that done.  DIT has purchased equipment from LAM Corp. and DIT will install.  Still need to purchase radio bridges under the LAM contract.  TO, AL and RM are in the same area and should be done at the same time, wil try to do weekends s we do not disturb court, TO can be done in 2 days, AL=30 drops=1-2 days; RM= 1 day. Total 5 days or 3 weekends or a holiday, or Fri, Sat Sun. or during admin week. 

 

RANGERS.  Rangers will be asked to join NNIJISP because of the need to interface their CODY RMS.

 

SEARCH RE-VISIT.  Foo to file a second online query requesting SEARCH to re-visit to perform trainings including protocol and governance development.

 

Wed, Jan 26, 2011

SEARCH visit, Window Rock - DAY TWO

Sunrise Room, 2nd Floor, Education Building – All day

8:30 am - 9:30 am Review requirements identification process (stakeholder involvement, documentation, approval/change management)

10 am - noon Data capture and extraction issues (interagency relationships, flow of complaint and ticket filings, info sharing and hiding, fulfillment of specific needs); legislation needed; protocol development; electronic signatures

Noon - 1 pm Working Lunch

1 - 2:30 pm CODY/Justware Interface Development, NNIJISP Infrastructure and Implementation

2:30pm - 5 pm JIEM Tool demo

Present

Mo West, SEARCH

Ben Krauss, SEARCH

Orlando Bowman, IMS/NPD

Delores Greyeyes,Director, DOC

Bernadine Martin, Cheif Prosecutor

Josephine Foo, NNSC

Gwen Williams, OCP/Grant Unit

Leslita Slivers, WR Dist Ct

Gloria J. Dee, OCP SR

Ethel Laughing, CA, SR Dist Ct

Lucia Barton-Jensen, SR Dist Ct

Daisy Paul, SR Dist Ct

Crystal Thinn, CODY Kayenta PD

Lorna Benally, CODY Kayenta

Marcella Nelson, CODY Kayenta

Ivan G. Tsosie, Cpt., NPD-SR

April Ashley, WR DOC

Ben Mariano, NNJB-AOC

Sonia Nez, NNDIT

Frank Burnside, Jr., OCP/WCCU

Alex Largie, DIT

Michael Lee, NPD-CH

Ben Gorman, DIT

Larry Hoskie, NNJB

 

Tues, Jan 25, 2011

SEARCH visit, Window Rock - DAY ONE

NNDIT conference room (8 am – 10 am)

Attorney General’s Conference Room, Navajo Nation Dept. of Justice (10 am – 4:30 pm)

8 am - 10 am -- SEARCH meeting w/ NNDIT, intro to IT server room incl. COBRA data warehouse and Justware server

10 am - noon -- CODY live demo by Officer Mike Lee and Navajo CODY administrators, followed by functionality review (CAD/RMS/Investigations/JMS)

Noon - 1 pm  -- Working Lunch

1 pm – 4:30 pm – CODY RMS Infrastructure, needs assessment and gap analysis; data entry process and procedures; data capture and extraction issues

 

Present

Mo West, SEARCH

Ben Krauss, SEARCH

Orlando Bowman, IMS/NPD

Harold Skow, DIT Dir.

Evangeline Watson, CODY Tuba City

Crystal Thinn, CODY Kayenta PD

Lamont Brown, CODY Tuba City

Ben Gorman, DIT

Alex Largie, DIT

Josephine Foo, NNSC

Ben Mariano, NNJB-AOC

Terry John, WRPD

Teresa Hopkins, NNJB

Larry Hoskie, NNJB

Thelma Johnson, CODY CP

Marcella Nelson, CODY Kayenta

Lorna Benally, CODY Kayenta

Sonia Nez, NNDIT

Elrena Mitchell, NNDIT

Ivan G. Tsosie, Cpt., NPD-SR

Michael Lee, NPD-CH

Iris Begay, IMS-Toyei

Jeanette Denetdale, IMS-WR

Shelley Lee, IMS-Toyei

Frank Burnside, Jr., OCP/WCCU

Gwen Williams, OCP/Grant Unit

 

Jan 24-25, 2011

Justware Forms Workflow/Worksession, Rte 66 Casino, Albuquerque

Jan 18 - 21, 2011

Justware Administrator Training, Denver, CO

Tues, Jan 18, 2011, 10 am

TOC Meeting, NNDIT, WR

Wed, Jan 12, 2011, 10 am - 12:30 pm

Court Forms Inventory Meeting, Shiprock Court

Attendees: 

Larry Hoskie, Ethel Laughing, Derrick Burbank, Curtis Heeter (by special invitation), Sonia Nez.

 

Inventory and indexing of all forms; in future, indexes will split pleadings into categories; and separate reports and forms into a separate index.

Wed, Jan 12, 2011, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm

Teleconference to plan agenda for SEARCH TA visit

Attendees: 

Elrena Mitchell, Mo West (SEARCH), Fred Hershey (CODY), Jed Judd (NEW DAWN), Orlando Bowman, Nelson Billy, Ben Gorman, Anthony Spencer, Josephine Foo.

 

Call had 2 purposes: (1) introduce NNIJISP to SEARCH; (2) finalize topics for SEARCH 2-1/2 day info gathering visit to the Navajo Nation to assess CODY/Justware integration/interface issues, including data capture and extraction issues across the CMS/RMS.

Mon, Jan 10, 2011 - whole day

Prosecutor Forms Standardization Meeting, Kayenta

Attendees: 

Elrena Mitchell, Sonia Nez, Anthony Spencer, and Navajo Nation prosecutors.

 

Reviewed and finalized 99% of prosecutor forms.

Thu, Jan 6, 2011, 1:30 pm

Tech Team Meeting, NNDIT, WR

Attendees: 

Ben Mariano, Josephine Foo, Elrena Mitchell, Sonia Nez,

Larry Hoskie

 

DISCUSSION

  • Inter-agency IT relationship

  • Strategic planning for indexing and standardization

  • Tech design for initiating event workflows

  • Timeline for contracts/spending